What can your student advocate do for you?
- Listen to concerns and assess their situation.
- Provide information on college policies and procedures, as well as student rights and responsibilities.
- Assist students in gathering information about their case.
- Discuss possible courses of action.
- Help students prepare for conversations with supervisors, deans, instructors, or administrators, or to prepare for formal hearings.
- Participate in meetings between students and college officials as a witness and mediator only.
- Refer students to service departments or external agencies for assistance and/or advice.
Get in contact
- If you are a student who is looking for help regarding your studies, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to start this advocacy process.
- Please note: There are limitations to what we can do regarding advocacy. Please understand that we may not be able to take on certain cases depending on the situation.